After School Private Music Lessons
After School Private Music Lessons:
Private Voice Lessons
Private Voice lessons for all ages and ability levels are available. Students will learn proper vocal techniques from Stephanie Lewis, Upper School Spanish teacher. Mrs. Lewis earned a Bachelor of Music in Voice Performance from Presbyterian College. Register online by August 31. Student will receive one lesson a week for 30 minutes. should register online and contact Ashley King at
Dates: September 3-December 6th
Ages: 4th & 5th Grades
Times: Wednesday or Thursday between 3:30-5:00
Private Piano Lessons (Bonnie Heiser's Studio)
Private piano lessons for all ages and ability levels with Bonnie Heiser. Students will learn proper playing and performance techniques and have the opportunity to perform around the area. Interested students should should register online and contact Ashley King at
Dates: 10 months starting Aug 1st or 9 months starting Sept 1st
Ages: All ages
Private Violin and/or Guitar Lessons
Private violin and/or guitar lessons for all ages and ability levels with Nathan Wareham. Beginners will learn to read music, understand rhythms, and create beautiful sound. For those with more experience, lessons include vibrato work, positions, advanced orchestral excerpts, and sight reading. Thirty minute one-on-one lessons are given once a week. Lessons are designed per student, progressing according to each student's pace, commitment, and ability level. Interested students should register online and contact Ashley King at
Dates: Sept 4 - Dec 1 (12 weeks - excluding the week of Thanksgiving)
Ages: All ages
Times: Tuesday - Thursday 3:30-5:30
Cost: $20/lesson ($240 per semester)
The Shannon Forest Christian School Private Music Lesson program is offered as a service to students of Shannon Forest Christian School and exists to make music lessons more convenient for our families.
• Students may sign up for lessons on Orientation Day at the beginning of each school year. Students interested in beginning lessons later in the school year may do so, depending on availability of their desired instructor.
• Private lessons are available in piano, voice, guitar, and string instruments (violin, cello, etc).
• All lessons will be given on campus, Monday through Friday unless otherwise approved by schoo/church personel.
• After School Music Program instructors are private contractors, not school employees, and have agreed to a background check as part of their qualifications for the program.
• All lesson fees are set by the instructors and are paid directly to Shannon Forest Christian School.
• Piano students should have access to an instrument for practice between lessons. Students of other instruments should purchase or rent an instrument from a reputable dealer.
• Lesson books are determined by the teacher.
For further information, please contact Mrs. Ashley King, Director of Fine Arts, at
C.A.N. Offers Fine Arts Enrichment
Session 1 – Painting with Acrylics
Students will create two reproductions of famous artists or art movements in history on canvases using acrylics. Register online by Monday, October 1.
Dates: Tuesdays – October 2, 9, 16 & 23
Ages: 3rd – 5th Grades
Times: 3:15 – 4:15 p.m.
Introduction to Theater
Students will be introduced to the world of theater by Upper School Drama teacher Britney Teie. The class will be held in Mrs. Abella’s Spanish Room (103B). Register online by Tuesday, September 11.
Dates: Wednesdays from September 12 – October 10
Ages: 4th & 5th Grades
Times: 3:45 – 4:45 p.m.
Let’s Dance Classes
Professional dance lessons! Students learn and have fun in a 50-minute combination class of ballet, tap and creative movement. Classes begin on Thursday, September 6.
Ages: 3-7 year olds
Times: 3 & 4 year-olds - 2:45 to 3:45 p.m./5 – 7 year-olds -3:45 – 4:45 p.m.
Cost: $55 per month/Sibling class for $40 a month /10% discount for full-year payments/5% discount for half-year payments. Students must register through the Let’s Dance website at www.letsdancesc.com