Varsity Golfer Hank Tuttle Leads in Early SeasonThe Varsity Crusader Golf team played two matches this week and junior Hank Tuttle led the team in both events. On Tuesday, March 14, Shannon Forest played at The Creek Golf Club with the following results:
Spartanburg Day 162
Oakbrook Prep 166
Shannon Forest 197
Tuttle shot a 41.
On Wednesday, March 15, the Crusaders played the Legacy Pines course and finished in 2nd place.
Brashier Middle College 192
Shannon Forest 197
Greer Middle College 203
Tuttle was the medalist in this match with a score of 40.
Mendelsohn and Muncy Qualify For StateThe Shannon Forest Track & Field team participated in a meet at Southside Christian on Friday, March 10, against 8 other schools.
Individual highlights included:
- Matthew Mendelsohn won the Boys 400m with a State Championship Qualifying time of 51.3.
- David Muncy qualified for the State Championship in the 400m with a time of 56.10 taking 5th place.
- Anna Kathryn Belew took 2nd place in the Girls 400m with a time of 67.05.
- Veronika Birkner took 2nd place in the high jump with a height of 4-4.
The Crusaders then participated in the Chick-Fil-A Games on Saturday, March 11, at Eastside High School. 26 Schools from North and South Carolina competed in the meet. Individual highlights included:
- Matthew Mendelsohn won the boys 800m with a State Championship Qualifying time of 2:01.69.
- David Muncy qualified for the State Championship in the 800m with a time of 2:13.45.
Varsity Women’s Soccer Struggles In Early Season
The Shannon Forest Christian School (SFCS) Varsity Women’s Soccer team suffered two loses last week in their early season. On Wednesday, March 8, the Lady Crusaders lost to Cambridge Academy by 5-2. Megan and Morgan Rice-Weber both hit the net from impressive shots outside of the 18. The next day, SFCS fell to Brashier 6-1. Olivia Hupfauer scored off of a beautifully placed penalty kick.