Winning Nights Continue For Crusader Basketball
Monday was a winning night for our Crusader Junior Varsity and Varsity Basketball teams!
- The Varsity Men improved to an 8-0 season with an 81-51 win over the Asheville Trailblazers. David Muncy led the way with 26 points, while Sam Smith added 23. Adam Frank scored 18, Mike McDowell 6, Noah Horton 4 and Sam Wheeler and Christian Kurtz each added 2.
- The Varsity Women's team recorded their 3rd win of the season by defeating the Trailblazers by a final score of 47-32. Britney Lee scored a game high 25 points, while Megan and Morgan Rice-Weber combined for 13 points. A trio of Lady Crusader seniors scored the remaining point. Veronika Birkner added 4, Caroline Baughman chipped in 3 and Callie Moreland had 2 points for the night.
- The Junior Varsity Boys’ team defeated Asheville by a final score of 33-18. Christian Kurtz led the team in scoring with a game high 14 points. Clark Young added 7 points and Del Agbomi chipped in with 6 points. Flynn Nisbet, Jon Fens and Ned Horton each scored 2. The team improved to 3-2 on the young season.
All three teams will be off the rest of the week and return to the court next Monday, December 11, to face Hampton Park on the road. The Varsity teams will play their final home game of 2017 on Tuesday, December 12, vs Greer Middle College before heading to the Newberry Christmas Tournament on Friday, December 15, and Saturday, December 16.
Winning Tuesday For Crusader Basketball!
ALL of our Crusader teams celebrated victories last night on the Basketball court! Our Middle School teams defeated Spartanburg Prep on the road.
- The Girls’ team won by a final score of 21-6 and picked up their first win of the season. Anna Kathryn Belew led the way with 14 points.
- The Boys’ team remains undefeated on the young season and knocked off the Panthers by a final score of. The team hit a season high 8 three-pointers. Kaleb Craig sunk 3, Christian Bowers also scored 3 and Nolan Paladugu added 2 three-point buckets. Paladugu led all scorers with 12 points while Craig and Bowers chipped in with 9 each.
The Junior Varsity Boys, Varsity Women and Varsity Men all recorded victories over Newberry last night at the Forest.
- The Junior Varsity Boys’ team cruised to a 41-12 win. The Crusaders had eight players score in the game. Del Agbomi paced the balanced attack with a team high 10 points, while Christian Kurtz added 8 points and Clark Young, Kaz Thrasher and Matthew Heckman each added five points to the victory.
- The Varsity Women picked up their second win on the young season, by edging out the Eagles by a final score of 39-35. Britney Lee led the team to victory with 25 points, while Morgan & Megan Rice-Weber combined for 8 points.
- The Varsity Men remained unbeaten, defeating Newberry 59-29. The Crusaders had three players score in double figures. Adam Frank led the Crusaders with 19 points, David Muncy added 15 and freshman Sam Wheeler recorded 13. The team also defeated Southside Christian on Monday night by a final score of 64-53. The win broke a 15-year drought against the Sabres. Muncy paced the attack with 23 points, Frank had 19, and senior Sam Smith chipped in with 13 points - including a two-handed, fast break dunk late in the 4th quarter to seal the win.
- The Varsity teams will be in action against Laurens Academy on Friday,
December 1, at HOME at 6:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m..GO CRUSADERS!