SCISA Region Track And Field Meet Yields Champions!
Shannon Forest’s Track and Field team competed in the SCISA Region 1-2A Championship Meet with awesome results!
-Thomas Gasque was the REGION CHAMPION in the 400m, placing 1st with a time of 53.8. Gasque also placed 2nd in the 800m with a STATE QUALIFYING time of 2:13.9.
-The Girls’ 4x400 relay team of Anna Kathryn Belew, Katlyn Goad, Alyssa Heaton, and Isabella Wyland were REGION CHAMPIONS; placing 1st with a time of 4:44.5.
-Anna Kathryn Belew BROKE THE SCHOOL RECORD in the 800m, placing 2nd with a time of 2:40.4.
-Mark Walsh placed 3rd in the 1600m with a STATE QUALIFYING time of 5:14.9.
Middle School Crusaders Defeat Spartanburg Day
Shannon Forest’s Middle School Baseball team defeated Spartanburg Day by a score of 12 - 8 on Wednesday, March 29. Hagan Johnson had three hits and scored three runs while Benjie Horton, Drew Freeman, Brandon Ward, Brandon Wilkins and Ben Stubbs each added a hit. Freeman picked up the win on the mound.
Crusaders Drop Doubleheader
On Tuesday, March 28, the Varsity and Middle School Baseball teams dropped a double header to Oakbrook Prep by the scores of 7-5 and 13-2. AJ Cowley, Ryan Flynn, and Connor Breazeale each had hits for the Varsity team while Brandon Wilkins and Daniel Meadors recorded hits for the Middle School Crusaders.
Varsity Women's Soccer Update
Shannon’s Lady Crusaders fell to Oakbrook Prep 0 -10 on Tuesday, March 28, Caroline Baughman never backed down during the battle and showed her strong defensive skills and for never backing down. The team faced Spartanburg Day on Wednesday, March 29 and lost a close one by 0 – 2. Aubrey Bouvier stepped up for the Lady Crusaders and recorded a great game overall.
Varsity Golf ScoresShannon Forest teed off against Spartanburg Christian at Village Greens on Monday March 27. Final scores were Spartanburg Christian - 156 and Shannon Forest - 212. Crusader Hank Tuttle shot a team low of 41.
Tuttle was the medalist in this match with a score of 40.
Mendelsohn and Muncy Qualify For State
- Matthew Mendelsohn won the Boys 400m with a State Championship Qualifying time of 51.3.
- David Muncy qualified for the State Championship in the 400m with a time of 56.10 taking 5th place.
- Anna Kathryn Belew took 2nd place in the Girls 400m with a time of 67.05.
- Veronika Birkner took 2nd place in the high jump with a height of 4-4.
- Matthew Mendelsohn won the boys 800m with a State Championship Qualifying time of 2:01.69.
- David Muncy qualified for the State Championship in the 800m with a time of 2:13.45.