Fine Arts News
Stock Up On Holiday Candles!
Middle School and Concert Choir members will be selling Yankee Candles from Wednesday, September 12 - Wednesday, September 26. Students will be raising funds to attend the American Choral Festival, to be held in San Francisco in March 2019, and the Carowinds Festival of Music competition in April 2019. Orders can be made THREE ways!
1. Order directly from the choir member that you would like to support. Checks should be made out to Shannon Forest Christian School.
2. Order online at www.
3. Order from Tracie Blair at the front desk to support the choir as a whole.
· Catalog orders will be shipped to the student BEFORE Thanksgiving.
· The TWO for $20 medium candle special is for catalog orders only.
· Online orders must be made before Friday, October 12, to guarantee shipment by Thanksgiving.
· Online orders will ship directly to the customer.
Click HERE for a Yankee Candle catalog!
Shannon Players Perform To Sellout Crowds
Congratulations to the cast and crew of Murder’s in the Heir! The production saw sellout crowds for both nights and everyone enjoyed the hilarious antics of The Shannon Players in this classic whodunit!
Click HERE for more photos in our online gallery!
Choirs Excel At Music in the Parks Competition
On Friday, April 6, the Middle School Choir, Concert Choir and Chamber Choir competed in the Music in the Parks festival in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee.
· The Chamber Choir earned an Excellent rating and 1st Place Jazz Choir ranking.
· Concert Choir earned a Superior rating and 2nd Place Mixed Choir ranking.
· Our Middle School Choir earned a Superior ranking and 1st Place Treble Choir ranking. The Middle School Choir was 0.75 away from the 1st Place Middle School Choir overall!
Our school was also chosen to receive the Esprit de Corps Award among ALL of the participating schools. The "Esprit de Corps Award” recognizes the participating organization that displays an exemplary attitude of positive support and outstanding personal behavior throughout the festival weekend.
The adjudicators for their performances were Dr. Alan Stevens (East Tennessee State University) and Eleizer Yanson, Jr. (Bob Jones University). There were 14 participating ensembles from across the country evaluated on a 100 point system, 90 and above receiving a Superior rating. Our choirs competed in the 1-A division with schools up to 700 students.
SCISA Music Festival
Shannon Forest's Middle School Choir, and High School Concert Choir and Chamber Choir will travel to Columbia, South Carolina to compete in the South Carolina Independent School's Association (SCISA) Music Festival on Thursday, March 15.